Non-Engineering Safety & Environmental professionals
The M.ISE credential is awarded to Members in this category.
Depending on experience, a prefix will be added indicating the Skill levels 2 to 4.
Level 1 – Novice (limited experience) – less than 3 years
You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on-the-job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.
Level 2 – Intermediate (practical application) Cert.ISE – 3 to 8 years
You are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the skill independently.
Level 3 – Advanced (applied theory) Tech.ISE – 8 to 12 years
You can perform the actions associated with this skill without assistance. You are certainly recognized within your immediate organization as “a person to ask” when difficult questions arise regarding this skill.
Level 4 – Expert (recognized authority) PrM.ISE – > 12 years
You are known as an expert in this area. You can provide guidance, troubleshoot and answer questions related to this area of expertise and the field where the skill is used.
Minimum Underlying Qualifications for direct entry
- NVQ -UK level 3 Certificate
- NQF – SA level 5 Vocational Certificate / Diploma
- NVQ -UK level 5 Certificate
- NQF – SA level 7 Vocational Certificate / Diploma / Degree
- NVQ -UK level 6 Certificate
- NQF – SA level 8 Vocational Certificate / Diploma / Degree
- Recognised Bachelors degree or higher in a Safety or Environmental Science discipline issued by an accredited University.