Who We Are
Informative: Sharing knowledge is at the heart of what we do — through symposiums, networking events, continuing education offerings, our professional journal and more.
Established: Since 2014, we have been the advocate for industrial safety and environmental health professionals, working hard to advance the profession and the individuals who choose it.
Connected: With members in 32 African countries, we aim to connect safety and environmental health professionals to a vast community of peers, mentors, resources and career opportunities.
Passionate: Our members are dedicated to making the world a safer and healthier place. We share their dedication and are passionate about helping them achieve their goals.
What We Do
We focus on helping our members understand the business of safety and environmental practice: how to operate or support a consulting business and tackle the unique challenges of practicing the profession.
We promote and help our members develop non-technical skills and knowledge, and we aim to showcase the value that members can bring to an organization.
In addition to networking opportunities, we:
- Publish the Standard Scope of Practice Guideline
- Publish the Consultants Business Development Guide
- Facilitate one-on-one structured mentoring for members
- Host open calls focused on needs of members
- Provide professional development and educational opportunities
- Fund a professional development grant through SHEDA
- Generate discussions about current business challenges
- Sponsor professional members as presenters of topics of interest to members at AISE’ s annual professional development conferences
- Help connect organizations with consulting needs to members who may help, whether through formal consulting or informal information sharing.